Thursday, July 30, 2015

Gourmet Import Shop Review

I was recently given the opportunity to review a few items from the Gourmet Import Shop (I will post their store links below!).

They have an amazing selection of pastas, sauces, vinegar's and oils... So many things to choose from!

The items that I received to review were Tomato Flavoured Vinegar, Chocolate/Ricotta Spread, Pistachio Spread, Pistachio Pesto, and a mixed bag of pasta.

My favorite thing from this store, is probably going to be their pastas! They have so many to choose from. Different types, colors, styles etc! I want to try them all! The bag I got had bows, twists, tubes, red, orange and green. You name it! Our family had fun making macaroni and cheese from scratch with these noodles! You do have to watch with the mixed bags, as some will cook faster than others. However, none of them over cooked while waiting on the slackers to catch up LOL.

I have been using the tomato flavored vinegar in EVERYTHING! I love it so much! It has that sour vinegar taste, with a rich tomato flavor in my opinion. It is the second favorite of my husband and I! It adds a bold flavor to most of our dishes! I've even put it in burgers for an added yumminess!

The Chocolate Ricotta spread is OMG amazing! When I first got it I kind of turned my nose at it. Then I tasted it! It is VERY rich, so I can only handle a little at at time. I have spread it on bread, graham crackers and teddy grahams. I am sure there are many more things I could use it for, but that is my preference!

When it comes to pistachio items in this house, my son and I are hooked! The Pistachio spread is GREAT on crackers. I couldn't get enough, and it didn't last very long once my son and I tasted it! You get the pistachio flavor you love, with a bit of sweetness from the creme. It simply is wonderful!

The pistachio pesto was a bit iffy for me at first. However, I mixed it with a creamy garlic sauce and omg it was mouthwatering! We wanted more when we were done. Almost like a potato chip, where you just can't seem to eat just one bite, you crave more. I put this over pasta and sauteed chicken and it was simply amazing!

Overall these products are high quality and just amazing. They are thinking out of the box when they make their items, and it makes for fantastic meals and snacks! I highly recommend this store to anyone looking to expand their cupboard items!

You can view them on their website HERE They have TONS of items to choose from! I promise you won't be disappointed!








No comments:

Post a Comment