Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dry-Ice Whiskey Stone Combo Set Review

I have absolutely fallen in love with these Whiskey Stones. I use them in everything now. From water, to soda, to whiskey. They are the bomb diggity. (yeah I know, cheesy rhyme).
I find these whiskey stones most awesome because they comes in a nice case to store them in. I keep them in the freezer inside this case, to protect them from spills and such in the freezer. They also come with their own tongs, which is awesome as well! This came with 4 large soapstone cubes, and 4 stainless steel cubes.
I was afraid to use these at first, because I was afraid the soapstone ones would alter the flavor of the drink. However, this was not the case. When I first received these, I washed them first, as the soapstones are dusty and had gotten them all dusty. After putting them in the freezer overnight, I decided to try them in water first thing, to make sure it won’t flavor the water. It didn’t and I was happy about that!
They lasted for quite some time in my water and kept it so very cold. My next venture was to put them in soda. I used the stainless steel ones in the soda, as I just feel weird putting soapstone in my soda. IDK why, I just do. The stainless steel ones, lasted for about four cups of soda, before starting to get a bit warmer, and I then rinsed them and put them back in the case in the freezer.
My husband has used them all in whiskey, and they last for several drinks as well. He loves them!
How long they will last in your drink, depends on your climate, and your drink I assume. There is no way of telling how long they will last, there are just too many things that could alter that.
Overall this is a fantastic set, and I highly recommend it! I received these for a discounted price for the purpose of an honest review. My opinion is my own and is not influenced in any way.
If you would like to purchase this set, please do so HERE (they are even on sale right now, so hurry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment