Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pratisphere Ice Sphere Mold Review

11212395_10152682951005666_452633800_n
I was recently chosen to review the Pratisphere Ice Sphere molds. All opinions are my own, and are not influenced in any way.
There were four in the package. These are amazing little molds. They stack easily if needed for in your freezer.
When you get these the first thing you want to do is wash them, as with any new kitchen tool. These ice sphere molds have a ‘fill’ line inside. Which is very handy. If you over fill, there is a hole in the lid, so that the overflow will go out the lid, instead of blowing the top off while freezing. After filling the ice sphere mold to the line, you place the lid on, and put it in the freezer for a few hours. It will take awhile for these to freeze, as it’s a large ball of ice.
Once frozen, you run it under water for a few to help break the ice sphere loose. Easy as pie.
11092680_10152682950945666_2046541678_n
These spheres are awesome! As are the molds. They are made of strong plastic, and will hold up as long as you use them properly.
When I run water across them I do so after letting it sit out on the counter for a few minutes. Hopefully that will help keep me from breaking the molds while they are frozen. I run the water across the bottom of it while holding it upside down. It doesn’t take long to break the sphere loose.
The lids are made of silicone, and are easy to pop off the top without issue.
The ice sphere that comes out of the mold is big enough for a whiskey glass or larger. Anything smaller, it won’t fit. Depending on the climate you are in, and what you are drinking, it will last a bit. I find when I drink soda or whiskey from the fridge/freezer it lasts for 3-4 drinks. When I drink water, it seems to melt much faster. And of course, if I am outside in the heat, or if it is warmer in the house, it won’t last that long either.
Overall I LOVE these ice sphere molds, and I recommend them. They don’t take up much space in the freezer, much less than an ice cube tray, and they last longer.
If you’d like to purchase these ice sphere molds, you can do so HEREYou can also visit their website HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment