Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Longest Lasting Super Bright Rim Lights Review

I was recently chosen to review these #bikelights. I received them either free or deeply discounted, for the purpose of reviewing honestly. My review is not influenced in any way shape or form.
11198760_10152677861345666_253297356_n
When these first arrived, I noticed that there were broken pieces inside the package. I immediately contacted the seller, and they replaced them with no issues. Upon receiving my second package I immediately opened. These come with 6 lights 2 Pink, 2 Green and 2 Blue/White. They come with adapters as well. Incase you need an ‘innie’ instead of an ‘outie’ when you place them on your tire (You get the point right? LOL)
Let me tell you about the good first (Pros) and then I’ll fill you in on the bad (or what I think the Cons are)
The Pros I have found… I love that these come with the batteries you need. I actually didn’t realize that at first and thought ‘oh shoot, I have to run out and buy some. However, they DO come with the batteries needed. They also have a little sliver of paper between the spring and the battery, so that they don’t start corroding while shipping, or wear down. These are VERY sensitive, so once you remove that piece of paper, they will start lighting up as you are putting them back together. I love that there is an adapter for these. So that if you need a different way to put them on your tire you have it.  I also love that they come with more than once color, but at least a pair of each color. That way you can put the same color on your bike or you can mix and match. They are easy to use, so you can change them out as often as you want. I kept the little slips of paper, and put them in the resealable ziplock bag that the lights came in (Which I also love, so I don’t lose parts!) so that I can put the paper back inside the lights when not in use. They are very simply made, so no complications to deal with.
The Cons I have found…. They are made of plastic. I find that they probably wouldn’t stand up to durability of putting on a car (which is what the card inside the package suggests). The first package I received had broken pieces inside, which leads me further to believe they wouldn’t last for 10 minutes on a car. I don’t know how much they will stand up to the durability of my children either, but so far so good. They do not come with instructions AT ALL. It took me a little while to figure out the adapters, and I am still not sure if I got it right. They also come with no warning that you need to remove the little sliver of paper inside to get them to work.
Overall they are very fun little lights. I don’t believe they are really bright enough to provide ‘safety’ during the day. At night, probably only if you were coming at someone from an angle or the side. They look way better and more noticeable at night regardless. As far as putting them on the car, we did, just for a short drive around the block, because we don’t know the laws around here for having LED’s on your car. They are very easy to get to light up so the kids love them. I am pleased with them, and will most likely order more to have on hand in case these do get broken or lost (you know kids, and bike crashes/wrecks).
If you would like to purchase these bike lights, you can do so HERE BONUS NEWS! The seller has offered 50% off coupon for my readers as well. You can enter the code 50WHEELL to get 50% off of ONE set of #bikelights while supplies last!

No comments:

Post a Comment