Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ankle Compression Sleeves Review

I was skeptical of these socks (well sleeves) when I ordered them. They claim to help relieve Plantar Fasciitis because of the compression band in them. While I do not have PF, I do have chronic pain in my feet at any given time during the day (Fibro). I was hoping that these would help with that. So I went about ordering a Large because I figured that would be the correct size for me.

My first thought when they arrived was "No Freakin Way!". I thought they were way too thin to be able to do a danged thing for me. I figured, if anything, they would fall apart within a few days. I decided to try them anyway, because I was curious (and because I needed to review them). 

The instructions are simple. Especially if you're a woman who's ever worn panty hose.

1.Scrunch up the sleeve 2. Put your toes through 3. Slowly bring the sleeve up towards the ankle 4. Make sure the heel sits in the proper place.

So as I went to scrunch them up, to put my toes through, I was going to scream. They are SO very hard to open up enough to put on, for me anyway. I haven't worn hose in years, so I am a bit out of practice. Nonetheless I got them on. I made sure that my heel was cradled in the right spot, and then just sat there for a bit.

Waiting...
Waiting...

After a while, I started to notice a little less pain in my feet. Honest to goodness! My feet feel 'compressed' as they should. You know when you have muscle pain, and a little pressure on the spot soothes and makes it feel better? Yup, it's like that. My feet feel amazing while wearing these! They are such a PITA to put on and take off, but they are SO VERY WORTH IT! After wearing them for a full day, I can go to bed, and try to sleep without foot pain keeping me awake (we won't talk about the rest of the pain in my body LOL).

They do not cut off circulation or make me feel uncomfortable. They are very thin, so they shouldn't make my feet sweat (haven't worn them with full shoes yet), and they have no toes, so I can still wear my flip flops with them! Stylish, right? Haha

I'm not kidding, these things are amazing. Not just for those with PF, but those who deal with foot pain for any reason. Even might get my husband a pair now, because he is on his feet all day at work. I really do love them, and all my doubts are out the window!

I received these for the purpose of an honest review. My opinions above are my own and are not influenced in any way!

You can purchase these here >>



1 comment: