Thursday, June 4, 2015

Chef's Mate Rapid Garlic Press Review

This is one of my favorite new kitchen gadgets! I absolutely love this little thing! I have a few fave features about it and I will share them with you today...

First, I love how small it is. It doesn't take up any where near as much space as the bulky garlic presses you can buy that look like can openers. It's neat and compact, and holds everything in it's place. There is a spot on the bottom to hold the extra blade. While the other one can be stored in it's normal place. The tray is remove-able, and can be put back in place when not using. It just really is awesome.

Second, I LOVE LOVE LOVE, that the plastic 'grate' that goes through the top, is removeable (see video). This means when garlic gets stuck up in the top (as everything does with these kind of choppers) you just pop that little grate out, and it pulls all the yukies with it, so you don't have bacteria growth up there or have a witch of a time removing all the stuff that didn't get chopped up as nicely. Seriously awesome, genius feature! I wish all creators would catch on!

Third, I love that they send you a 'nipple' brush with it. I call it a nipple brush because it reminds me of the brushes you got for cleaning bottle nipples. This makes cleaning so much easier than trying to get your rag or scrubby into it. Especially with how small it is! It's just common sense!

Fourth, just the overall style and design. It really is a great product. It's made well, and super strong. It's small (because garlic is small when you break it down). I found that if you don't get your garlic small enough the first chop, you can run it back through and chop it up some more!

I do suggest you be careful. Don't SLAM down the top. I have seen this happen time and time again. Press it down with ease. This way, if the teeth on the top catch on the blades on the way down, you don't bend them, or cut the plastic teeth. No one wants little bits of plastic in their food because they got careless with their chopper. I have several products that chop this way, and I was guilty of slamming the top down once upon a time. Also, on the same hand, be careful, as the blades are sharp enough to cut right through that plastic, so you can only imagine what they might do to your fingers if you are not.

Overall this is a great product and I highly recommend it.

I received this product for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions you read here are my own and are not influenced in any way.

If you'd like to purchase this, you can do so below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment